Thursday 18 April 2013

Quotable quotes

I found an old journal of mine. I've actually always been one to keep journals. Since a teenager. It's always fun looking through old journals and being able to look at the situations you were in and the feelings you experienced. You realize with hindsight that every experience is a lesson.

I'm enjoying the blogging experience but I have to say I much rather prefer to put pen to paper. Zaid says I'm an old soul. LOL . I am! I would rather choose listening to Diana Ross or Frank Sinatra. When I was younger I remember sitting in the car with my parents as we drove around sea point to get ice cream. Yaasier Abrahams and I would sit in the back of my dads car and Frank Sinatra would be blaring over the radio. Maybe that's where my love for 'old music' began.

Anyhoo I digress! I wanted to share some quotes I've rediscovered in my journals.

"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself" Anna Quindlen

"Every event has a purpose and every setback a lesson. Failure whether of the personal, professional or even spiritual kind, is essential to personal expansion. It brings inner growth and a whole host of psychic rewards. Never regret your past, rather embrace it as the teacher that it is... Unknown"

"Do more of what you love best"

Happy Thursday peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment