Tuesday 16 April 2013

Meet Mr Right aka Babes aka Shnookums ;)

One day in 2001 as I walked out of my office I got a glimpse of someone who had just left the dental surgery. He was walking down the passage and I thought 'hmmmm, who might that be?' I can't say what it was but something intrigued me. I went off to reception to enquire who the patient was that just left the chair. Nadia , the receptionist then, told me his name was Zaid Joulay and gave me all his info. I forget about him until a few months later when I get a call from reception to say that Zaid Joulay is back. He is late for his appointment with the GP and will have to wait until he can be slotted in.

So I mosey on down to reception and make myself comfy while I suss him out. I like what I see. *blush* He's with 2 friends and one comes to ask me of the physiotherapist gives massages! When he comes out of his consultation with the GP I go over to hand him his medical aid statement and say that I need to verify that his cellphone number is correct. For record purposes of course. He says yes it is and leaves.

I didnt have airtime on my phone and decided to send him a 'Please Call me' lol! He calls back and I miss the call. So I send him another and again I miss the call. Eventually I call him and he immediately knows that it's me that's calling.

We hit it off right from the start. He is a fun loving, honest, witty (albeit sarcastic) guy. With Zaid what you see, is what you get and I was and still am smitten. He's my best friend as well as my confidante, nurturer and lover. I knew from the 3rd date that I wanted to spend my life with him. I've always been a romantic at heart and when you know you just know! Lol. He mocked me when I told him that I thought we are soulmates. His mom also advised him to stay away from 'girls like me' LOL. He thought I was confident and was pretty chuffed that I took the initiative to make the first move.

Boys I hope you too one day find the kind of love that I've found with Dad. The kind of love that is unconditional and knows no limits. The kind of love that still gives you butterflies after 12 years.













No comments:

Post a Comment